BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 17, 2008

I'll Walk

"We were 18, it was prom night. We had our first big fight. She said "pull this car over" I did and then I told her "I don't know what you are crying for" I grabbed her hand and she reached for the door She said. . ."I'll walk Let go of my hand Right now I'm hurt And you don't understand So just be quiet And later we will talk Just leave, don't worry I'll walk"

It was a dark night, a black dress Driver never saw her around the bend I never will forget the call Or driving to the hospital Where they told me her legs still wouldn't move. I cried when I walked into her room. She said. . ."I'll walk Please come and hold my hand Right now I hurt And I don't understand Let's just be quiet And later we can talk Please stay, don't worry I'll walk"

I held her hand through everything. The weeks and months of therapy. And I held her hand and asked her to be my bride. She's dreamed from a little girl. To have her daddy bring her down the aisle. So from her wheelchair she looks up at him and smiles and says. . ."I'll walk Please hold my hand I know that this will hurt I know you understand Please, Daddy don't cry This is already hard Let's go, don't worry I'll walk"

These are the lyrics to a country song I love. It's called "I'll Walk" and by Bucky Covington. Look it up, because I can't get it on my playlist. It's today's one and only quote, because I'm feeling super lazy. It describes what I am going through so well just not the exact situation.
"Don't worry I'll walk." I am in outpatient treatment. It's going to be hell but I know I need to do this. It is going to get me into remission, I'm going to have my life back!!! The song says hold my hand or don't hold my hand and that happens with me I have times when I need to just do it, but other times I really could use someone to keep me going. It also says about understanding, sometimes I feel lost other times empowered sometimes I feel like all my friends are there and willing to just be there other times it's so frustrating they just can't understand. This is a huge journey. It has changed me so much for the better, but I'm ready to regain what's mine. I need to fight this. I'm going to be in PT 3-4 times a week plus home program. One of those times will be in Boston each week and I'll also be going into cognitive behavioral therapy down there. I'm ready, I need to do this. I'm still scared because I know it will hurt. But don't worry I'll walk.

Homecoming was last night and I'm feeling the affects. I still don't get out of doing all I'm supposed to though. But I will procrastinate. I have tons of work and then therapy. ACK. But it'll all get done/happen eventually. The parade, game and dance were absolutely amazing. I had so much fun getting ready with CT and SM and also dancing the night away! I asked the guy to dance. We didn't, but I'm blaming it on him being paranoid, but I don't know. I have bigger things to worry about. It makes me kind of sad, but hey, I'm fine. it was a blast! I just am ready to crawl into a ball and cry though, despite the great time tremendous owies and like ah ah ah. But there will be happy pictures for me to see soon. that will help. And just getting to see him tomorrow is good. Plus Tuesday is N.'s bday and I get my braces off. And Wednesday i get my robotic baby. oh boy. Long week once again. therapy on top of it all. But yesterday was fabulous, I'll be fine.

"I'll walk Please hold my hand I know that this will hurt I know you understand Please, don't cry This is already hard. Let's go, don't worry I'll walk"

♥♥♥


1 comments:

Disa said...

Awww... Such a cute song. Love it.
Yayy, babies!!! lol.
<33


The bus metaphor is what I live by and it could come in handy to anyone. All you have to do is remember you're the bus driver of this huge bus AKA your life. The bus is whatever you make it and the passengers behave how you make them. The ones you want off...can always be pushed back when they won't kindly leave.