BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 10, 2008

You've Got A Friend in Me

That's a Disney song. From Toy Story. It's not on my playlist, but the title reflects what I'm going to discuss. Disney movies and friends. I've been on a Disney movie kick lately and I've noticed some things, and really just enjoyed watching them. It's so nice just to watch cute animated films that you used to love when you were a kid. I still love them. They tell great stories. One thing I noticed though, is every one I can think of deals with love and or friendship. This isn't a bad thing. But it's true. I think maybe it makes teenager who they are, depending on what they saw as kids. Disney movies make you want to fall in love. They make you want to have a best friend.

Well here's the truth. Until this year/last year I never had a real best friend. I never understood that. I never thought you could care about someone that much. I never thought I'd be able to trust someone that fully. Well now I have two best friends. I mean, I don't like to pick and choose. But there are two people in my life that I can not picture losing and I am near certain we'll KIT forever. I love them so much. I can tell them anything and don't have to worry about judgement. It's truly amazing. As for the love thing. Not yet someday. But I do really like someone, it's nice. I mean, it's even nicer when someone really likes you for you. But maybe, sometime, before school ends. Who knows. I'm going to try to be brave at homecoming and maybe that will help me out. I'd btw I'm never losing my independence, no matter how much someone means to me. So there. But you know one of my best friends said to me last night, "you know me better than I know me" and I think that's so awesome because I feel like that's how they are with me too. I also have been told that my problems are worse and I shouldn't have to worry about them. I'll always worry about them. I don't care if I'm on my last legs. friends are there for each other no matter how big or small the problem. It's so cool having people close to you and I greatly appreciate it!!!

As for the Disney portion. I think I'm going to watch Pocahontas tonight...or maybe lady and the Tramp. Whichever one I watch I'll probably watch the second one as well. I LOVE Disney movies and finally, am going to give you some quotes from them! Hooray! In some cases I'm just putting what movie they come from not who said them. But if I know who said them, I'll put it!


"Nearly everybody gets twitterpated in the springtime. [. . . ] You begin to get weak in the knees. Your head's in a whirl. And then you feel light as a feather, and before you know it, you're walking on air. And then you know what? You're knocked for a loop, and you completely lose your head!" -Bambi

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Pooh, Winne the Pooh

"Warsh---what fur?" -Grumpy, Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs

"Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here. (Laughs madly & starts to disappear) You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." -Chesire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

"Buzz: I've set my laser from stun to kill.
Woody: Oh, great. If anyone attacks we can blink em' to death." -Toy Story

"Alice: I'm sorry I interrupted your birthday party.
March Hare: Why my dear child this is not a birthday party.
Mad Hatter: Heavens no. This is an unbirthday party." -Alice in Wonderland

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen closely." -Littlefoot's mom, The Land Before Time <---Not sure if this is a Disney movie...?

"Mater, like terrrmaterrr without the terrrr." -Mater, Cars

"(after being filled with Porcupine quills) Ah! He bit me with his butt!" -Chance, Homeward Bound

"Es-cap-ay, that's funny, it's spelt just like Escape." -Dory, Finding Nemo

"...I don't even know if I'm black with white stripes or white with black stripes!" -Marty, Madagascar

"Like my mother always said, curiosity killed the dog." -Sassy (cat), Homeward Bound (Disney? idk)

"Whoa! Okay. It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye." -Tantor, Tarzan

"Shoot! You're in Radiator Springs the cutest little town in Carbuerator County." -Mater, Cars

"It's a dinglehopper. Humans use these little babies... to straighten their hair out. See? Just a little twirl here and a yank there and voila. You've got an aesthetically pleasing configuration of hair that humans go nuts over." -Scuttle (holding a fork), The Little Mermaid

"Oh, shucks! I think I bent my b-b-b-beak." -Boomer (the woodpecker), The Fox and The Hound

"Yep, yep, yep!" -Ducky, The Land Before Time

"We are Siamese if you please. We are Siamese if you don't please." -Siamese cats Si and Am, Lady and The Tramp <---This makes me think of A. and her questions...

"Dude? Dude? Focus dude... dude?" -Crush, Finding Nemo

"Hm. Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you." -Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

"Does the cat always have to be the brains of the operation? Beauty and brains. I never cease to amaze myself." -Sassy, Homeward Bound II:Lost in San Francisco

"Wendy: Peter... I should like to give you a kiss. (A confused Peter sticks his hand out)
Wendy: Don't you know what a kiss is?
Peter: I shall know when you give me one." -Peter Pan

"If you're scared just be scarier than whatever is scaring you." -Thumper, Bambi II

"Petrie: I fly?
Ducky: No, you falled." -Land Before Time

"Dory: Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do?
Marlin: No I don't wanna know.
Dory: (singing) Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
Marlin: Dory, no singing.
Dory: (still singing) Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim. Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head." -Finding Nemo

"Oh, that clock! Old killjoy. I hear you. "Come on, get up," you say, "Time to start another day." Even he orders me around. Well, there's one thing. They can't order me to stop dreaming." -Cinderella, Cinderella

"Next thing you know, she'll be tyin' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin' ya up with that stuff called, uh...”perfoom"." -Grumpy, Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs

"Oi! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck." -Genie, Aladdin

"I was saved! I was saved by a flying wild man in a loincloth!" -Jane, Tarzan

"Baloo: Now, look. It's like this, little britches. All you gotta do is... (starts singing) Look for the bare necessities / The simple bare necessities / Forget about your worries and your strife / I mean the bare necessities / Are Mother Nature's recipies / That bring the bare necessities of life / Wherever I wander / Wherever I roam / I couldn't be fonder / Of my big home / The bees are buzzin' in the tree / To make some honey just for me / When you look under the rocks and plants / And take a glance at the fancy ants / Then maybe try a few... Mowgli: You eat ants? Baloo: You better believe it. And you're gonna love the way they tickle." -The Jungle Book

"Can you stand on your head? (takes of head)" -Chesire Cat, Alice in Wonderland

" P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney." -Dory, Finding Nemo

"I'm tellin' you, man, every third blink is slower." -Fillmore, Cars

"{singing) You can own the earth and still / All you'll own is earth until / You can paint with all the colours of the wind." -Pocahontas

"Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten." -Lilo, Lilo and Stitch

"Delilah: I've never really felt this way before.
Chance: Me neither. I wanted to say the same thing to you all day, but then I thought you'd laugh at me and then you'd think I'm a dork." -Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco

"Beast: I let her go. Cogsworth: Yes, yes, splen - You... what? How could you do that?
Beast: I had to. Cogsworth: Yes, but, but, but... but... why?
Beast: Because... I love her." -Beauty and The Beast

"Do not be fooled by its commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what outside, but what is inside that counts." -Aladdin

"Forever is a long long time and time has a way of changing things." -Big Mama, The Fox and The Hound


"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella, Cinderella

♥♥♥



1 comments:

Disa said...

I love Disney movies!! :D


The bus metaphor is what I live by and it could come in handy to anyone. All you have to do is remember you're the bus driver of this huge bus AKA your life. The bus is whatever you make it and the passengers behave how you make them. The ones you want off...can always be pushed back when they won't kindly leave.