I have a German verb lesson for you that think is very important. Wissen is to know a fact. Kennen is to know a person. What is the relevance of this? Well. If you know a fact, or facts ABOUT a person it doesn't mean you know the person. Unless you have taken the time to get to know someone really well you have no right to voice things to the public or to them about them or what they believe. When people do this it pisses me off!!! People thinking they know me. Thinking I cannot hold my own. Thinking they can do and say whatever they want when it comes to me and they have nothing to worry about. I'm not weak. And people will not walk all over me. And for those that have been doing so, they will soon see this. They'll be getting a stern talking to if it keeps up. And that's what's got me perturbed.
9 days till Boston and I'm terrified. That also has me all to pieces. People don't/can't understand how big of a deal this is. those who do try to I'm so thankful for. Others think I'm being obsessive or negative by focusing on this so much. Well it's a big deal. This decides if they think I'm worth their time. If it is worth trying to make me better. I may have pain free NORMAL days if they choose to help me. That's a ENORMOUS deal. I know, (ich weiß), that I can't change the outcome, and it's not worth losing sleep and worry, but I can't help it. It's just an evaluation, it should be something I take on with confidence and excitement, but it's not that easy.
Another thing that isn't easy is keeping warm. Well at least for me. During the day and at night I'm always cold. Well I got me think nice flannel hunting vest. It's warm =] and I'm going to wear it tomorrow. Tomorrow should be an okay day because of that. Also, I'm planning on not sitting in a distracting place and making good use of my hour and a half free period. I won't have people to distract me, therefore I plan to: finish my math worksheet and study for the quiz. I plan to type up my "A Day in the Life of a Parent With an Infant" story. I also hope to get all or a good chunk of my reading done for English in "Into the Wild" (which so far, I'm not too fond of. And I LOVE books) so that tells you a lot... I also want to more done in my Child. Dev. notebook and on my German Exchange Application. Well....wishful thinking. But I'm going to try.
And I'm also going to try for meaningful and awesome quotes today!!! Like super de duper good ones!!!
"When a deep injury is done to us, we never recover until we forgive." Alan Paton
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams ---Did I put this one up before? Oh well... *shrug*
"The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others." Hasidic Saying (Ummmm excuse me Mr. Saying i believe this should read THE WOMAN)
"Desire creates the power." Raymond Holliwell
"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." Robert Frost
Those are quotes I found today. The below is my favorite poem. And a bunch of my favorite quotes.
The Road Not Taken
By: Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
"Girls are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. The boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree." Unknown
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass it's about learning how to dance in the rain." Unknown
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the number of moments that take your breath away." It's in AB's song, but I don't know where's it's originally from.
"Life kicks you around sometimes. It scares you and it beats you up. But there's one day when you realize you're not just a survivor. You're a fighter. You're tougher than anything life throws your way. And you are." One Tree Hill
"Live life …uninterrupted!" Jessika
And pretty much my blog "mission statement" of sorts, said by Ashley Mahoney,
"We have all had orange ribbons pinned to our dreams…but please do not let them stop you. Just let it be a little detour on the way to the top!"
Emerging from the shadows....
16 years ago




1 comments:
That "good girls on the top of the tree" quote is awesome. I'm stealing it. :)
Ohh, if you look at your blog before school tomorrow, look for me at your lunch. I'm going to be around. Ohh, and I'll have my cell phone, just in case. :)
Post a Comment