BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm Supergirl

So let's see. Pain. Yea, not so much in the back of the bus. But it's alright. I've decided I'm supergirl. For a couple of reasons. I'd hope "you" agree if you know me, but hey if you don't it doesn't matter. This is all about me, call me selfish or what not but I'm supergirl so there.

I have decided that being a PT really isn't for me. I have been surrounded by medical personnel for way too long. I need to be surrounded by what I love not by what I hate. I am not a physical therapist. I AM a writer. I want to major in creative writing. Maybe I'm just a crazy teen who has no idea what she wants but I do know I love to write and I can picture myself surviving college reading and writing a ton. Having to do labs and internships at medical offices and seeing patients. I can't see myself doing that. I used to think I was "given" RSD so that I'd see I'm meant to help people like me. No, not at all. I can't deal with having it myself, I still long to be "normal", I can't be super positive all the time. I want to help and I'd never take RSD back if I had a time machine. It's made me better, but being surrounded by people at low points/hard points isn't inspirational. See, I love being inspired. I love writing about what moves me. I hope and think my writing can change things. I don't have to directly touch the people with my hand to touch them. I can touch them with words. I won't always write about my experience with RSD. I won't always write fiction. I don't really know what my career will be. But I'll enjoy it.

Why else am I supergirl? Pain. I have it. Others have it way worse than me. But I feel like supergirl for doing what I'm supposed to despite crying and screaming all the way. I didn't have to do it. But I did. The pain is horrendous. I am in dire need of hugs and comfort. I feel alone, but I'm surviving. I am doing this. I am supergirl.

There's more! I'm super, tomorrow I'm going to be ultra productive! I'm going to try and beat a level in Tomb Raider and also watch like 3 christmas movies I have yet to this season. *gasp*

And so bask in my superness...or just ignore me all together, whatever blows your dress up, floats your boat or your heart desires. ♥


I'm going to give you some quotes this evening. I'm just that kind.

"Don't laugh at a youth for his affectations; he is only trying on one face after another to find his own." -Logan Pearsall Smith

"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular."-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr. (Speech in Detroit, 7 Oct. 1952)

"Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting." -Maxims of Ptahhotep

"A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours. Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things - a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty." -John Grogan, Marley and Me <---I read that before it was a movie!

"Here's a tip to avoid death by celebrity: First off, get a life. They can't touch you if you're out doing something interesting."-Kent Nichols and Douglas Sarine, Ask a Ninja

"Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again." -Rick Polito, Marin Independent Journal's TV listing for "The Wizard of Oz"

0 comments:


The bus metaphor is what I live by and it could come in handy to anyone. All you have to do is remember you're the bus driver of this huge bus AKA your life. The bus is whatever you make it and the passengers behave how you make them. The ones you want off...can always be pushed back when they won't kindly leave.