BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Macht Neue und Sätzen Alter

Make new, cherish the old. It's like the girlscout song. Make new friends but keep the old one is silver and the others gold! I think all of us need to be more like girl scouts. We need to remember to love our "sisters" and the Earth! We need to work on harmony on this Earth. (I've been watching WALL-E, lol.) It's a great movie and it has a strong message!




Action also has a strong message. I am so proud to say I've been as much a part of RSD action as I can handle and guess what progress in a big way I have just got wind of! YAY. No the cure hasn't been found, but there's a much better chance now and that makes me so excited. Not really for me, but for other people. I'm living life now. People that RSD are ruining. Let me tell you being "diseased" as much as I hate to think of it that way, really brings you down to Earth. Whether you want to not there are tough things you have to face and wow, all the people I have met through the RSD community are amazing. They are the kindest most understanding, forgiving, generous people ever even when they don't necessarily have the means, they put their full hearts into things and I love them so much. I wish I could go to a school with just RSDers which is pathetic but true. Not just RSDers, but people who are struggling, with more than just "teenagehood". I hate teenagehood, I really do... anyways! Back to the news!








THE NEWS. THE NEWS. eeeeeeek! The House of Representatives actually did something right!!! Yay. A crappy governement (no offenese gov't) YAY YAY YAY. The bill was passed called "The National Pain Care Policy of 2009". It's very exciting and filled with lots of legalness, but I will summarize what I understand. Basically it says that the government is finally realizing it needs to shape up on it's health care for pain patients. People most commonly search out service from healthcare personnel is when they are in pain. (I wonder why?! Being in pain generally means something is not right and guess what...it's not fun!) The bill states that with proper treatment, and providing adequate pain management is insurmountably important in providing sufferers of pain conditions with the best quality of life possible. As I know from personal experience, and all my RSD buddies as well, there are usually great barriers in these people obtaining the proper care to give them the best life possible. The National Pain Care Policy Act of 2009 is designed to address many of these barriers by improving pain care research, education, training, access, outreach and care!!!!!!!!!This doesn't mean they won't fail epicly but at least they are trying. In the case of research...I say any news is good news! We don't have much to work with right now! Although I wasn't directly a part of this it boosts me up because I haven't just been sitting around hoping. I'm not big on hope. Action is my thing. MAKE new, don't "wait for new"!!! And as for the old, cherish it but don't stay attached! Making new shouldn't replace but it also shouldn't be halted. That's what I've decided.

YAY YAY YAY. RSD RESEARCH!!!


(: Night Loves. ♥








0 comments:


The bus metaphor is what I live by and it could come in handy to anyone. All you have to do is remember you're the bus driver of this huge bus AKA your life. The bus is whatever you make it and the passengers behave how you make them. The ones you want off...can always be pushed back when they won't kindly leave.