BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

SO soon? JA ES IST WITCHTIG

I'm writing blogs one after the other...am I crazy... yes. Overtired...very. In pain, oh hell yes. But oh well. I read this as I lay here not sleeping and am like you know what my blog needs this NOW.

" True grit exists in the day to day behavior of those who face overwhelming challenges but still insist on sucking the marrow out of the bone of life instead of settling for scraps. True grit is speaking up to a doctor who must cover his ego because he can’t find out what is wrong with you and tells you it’s “all in your head.” It takes true grit to walk in to a new doctor’s office after experiencing a put down like that. Courage is the individual who, after a restless, pain-filled night still reaches for the alarm clock, gets out of bed and stumbles or limps to the bathroom to take the morning medications, to face a new day. Courage, valor and hope lie deep within us and we will find the seeds of their existence if we have the grit to look and don’t bury ourselves in denial, a bottle of liquor or an extra, dangerous dose of pain pills. Courage is not the absences of fear. It is walking into the face of fear and smacking it in the face. Courage is quiet and at other times, grand. It’s still courage. True grit tackles the hard way, if necessary, not the easy way. Courage is doing what you know, deep in your being, is best. Courage finds a way to go forward whether it is upright, on a crutch, in a wheelchair or at a crawl

.Beautifully said by Sue Falkner-Wood at Chronic Pain Blog(http://www.everydayhealth.com/blog/life-with-chronic-pain/it-takes-true-grit-to-live-a-life-with-chronic-pain/).

This is chronic pain. This is RSD. This is us."

From the blog of a fellow RSDerrrrr, check her out it's in the reel...Going Down Swinging.

I have one thing to say, is people out there, no matter how bitchy I get, no matter how mad at myself, mad at pain, down in the dumps, upset, whatever, I will come out. It means the world to me that you just accept I am doing the best I can with what I've been given, stand by my side, lend me a shoulder to cry on. Can anyone really be strong all the time? Is that any way to live? I'm not one for the easy way out, or I wouldn't be here bloging with you. I'm a fighter, all us RSDers and "spoonies" are. I know it's hard not to judge, so judge if you must, but also, except that you can't know, you don't know and maybe we just need someone to love us. Our pain is the furthest thing from an excuse, it really does influence everything we do even if we're super good at hiding it. We lead lives...or try to, just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for everyone. But everyone just wants to fit in, so don't make it harder for those who can't. Please, please, please. Let's make the world a little less mean. (as for highschool...ha ya right.) ;)

*Big hugs bloglings!!!!!*

0 comments:


The bus metaphor is what I live by and it could come in handy to anyone. All you have to do is remember you're the bus driver of this huge bus AKA your life. The bus is whatever you make it and the passengers behave how you make them. The ones you want off...can always be pushed back when they won't kindly leave.