BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Insert"

In other words I can't think of a good blog title. Hmmm just randoms tonight. I might even dig up some quotes for ya. I mean there is a quote of the day and German word of the day now no matter what now, but I just feel like finding you some quotes. I just might. It's a bloggly evening, I don't know. Prolly cuz...my writers notebook is missing! And my foot is doing decent and things are pretty chill. I am all caught up on work and... DUN DUN DUN!!! Tomorrow I'm getting my truck. I'm so excited. My dad went and tested it one last time today. He told me it looked so pretty. I'm like YAY. I cannot wait. (: (: (:

So I spent the afternoon watching CSI: NY which I'm newly addicted to. (well CSI in general). So that was fun. I played Scrabble with my mother. Always a pleasure hehe. I won before we subtracted extra tiles and she officially one cuz i had 5 tiles worth 2o points plus one. ick. hmmm was sonst? what else... oh! Lately I've been addicted to playing "Our Song" By Taylor Swift onmy violin. It's so fun and I love the song. I'm really into Taylor Swift which is weird, I never would have imagined that. She seems so real though from what I've seen of her. I love real people. Part of the reason E. was like BAM! I must have him! haha. Which also reminds me how I was going to say, DJ, my friend since like 7th grade, is really amazing and I'm just realizing this more and more lately. She knows E. and myself and has been kinda helping me get perspective and chill out. It's part of the reason we're so good now. (e. and I.) I was realizing her and AP are like two of the only people I've known and talked to quite a bit, for a long period of time (2+ years) that haven't pulled the "i'm not your friend anymore" stuff. I mean usually it gets resolved but I'm just saying and pointing out how astounding that is. I love them for that. And I will obviously try to make sure it stays that way, but misunderstanding and conflict happens.

I think there's misunderstanding or at least ignorance of what happened last time @ the hospital. People's wishful thinking is stopping them from seeing that really this might not go away. I've accepted that. And I know others don't want to. But they don't have to live with it. Just me and I try for fake smiles as often as possible. I mean, real ones too obviously, but I mean even when pain is bringing me down. I don't know, I hope remission comes someday but I know right now they're in the process of telling me goodbye for now, good luck. And that's okay. I'm a big girl, I've faced it alone just fine before.

Hmmm... I don't know. I'm reading "A Great and Terrible Beauty" it's really cool. That's what I'm going to do right now once I'm done here. It's kinda fantasyish which I normally shun...but I like it for one reason or another. I think because it's about a girl and her non-conformity and I so go for that. Which reminds me of how I need a book for history. I'm thinking maybe a Jodi Picoult book. The only criteria is within the US and 1941-present. So I mean, that's pretty easy. And I like that Picoult's books usually (all the time?) happen in NH or the surrounding area. They're very real and meaningful too. I wish I could have gone to her book signing on Wednesday last week but... no ): darn. Oh well. So books books books. yay. hehehe.

"I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
"There was a time when the world acted on books; now books act on the world." Joseph Joubert
"Books had instant replay long before televised sports." Bert Williams
"Next to acquiring good friends, the best acquisition is that of good books." Charles Caleb Colton
"A dose of poison can do its work but once. A bad book can go on poisoning minds for generations." William Murray
"The cure for writers cramp is writer's block." Inigo de Leon
"The waste basket is a writer's best friend." Isaac Bashevis Singer
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader." Robert Frost
"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit." Richard Bach
"The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it." Ernest Hemingway
"Literary imagination is an aesthetic object offered by a writer to a lover of books." Gaston Bachelard

I'm sleepy. Night night. ♥

1 comments:

Disa said...

You can play Taylor Swift on the violin?! Schweeet!! =]
Yes, I love Jodi Picoult's books. <3
She's an amazing author. I want to read ALL of her books. I also like it how most of her books take place in NH. It's schweeet! =]


The bus metaphor is what I live by and it could come in handy to anyone. All you have to do is remember you're the bus driver of this huge bus AKA your life. The bus is whatever you make it and the passengers behave how you make them. The ones you want off...can always be pushed back when they won't kindly leave.