BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Marathon Post--The Quotes. (Read Prev. 2 Post First)

I get them from The Quotations Page. Here’s what I have selected for you today: I love all of them! <333

“Charity sees the need not the cause.” –German Proverb

“Humor is just another defense against the universe.” –Mel Brooks

“Never explain -- your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyways.” –Elbert Hubbard

“What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.” –Scott Westerfield (from his book “Uglies”)

“I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled [poets] to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct or inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean.” –Socrates

“Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.” –John Russell

“When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane.” –Hermann Hesse

“It's just human. We all have the jungle inside of us. We all have wants and needs and desires, strange as they may seem. If you stop to think about it, we're all pretty creative, cooking up all these fantasies. it's like a kind of poetry.” --Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider (Northern Exposure, Mister Sandman, 1994)

“Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest of violence.” –Francis Jeffery

“Fight for your opinions, but do not believe they contain the whole truth or only the truth.” – Charles A. Dana

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the former.” –Albert Einstein
“Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.” –Albert Einstein

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results.” –Albert Einstein

“Woman need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.” –Billy Crystal

“Ah, music! A magic beyond all we do hear!” JK Rowling

And that’s it for now folks. I was on a role. Feel free to suggest quotes to me (not in comments but elsewhere) Sorry this is so long!!!

Blog You later ☺

0 comments:


The bus metaphor is what I live by and it could come in handy to anyone. All you have to do is remember you're the bus driver of this huge bus AKA your life. The bus is whatever you make it and the passengers behave how you make them. The ones you want off...can always be pushed back when they won't kindly leave.