BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Blanket statements? I'd leave them for people who don't have enough drama in their lives or need everything to fit in neat little boxes."


My RSD buddy NY was comforting me about a terrible thing I heard and she says, "Blanket statements? I'd leave them for people who don't have enough drama in their lives or need everything to fit in neat little boxes." It's true. Especially when it comes to RSD. Someone on BYDLS told me that i shouldn't use ice on my foot it's going to make symptoms worse, it's really bad and can make RSD spread. They too have RSD and they showed me a number of sources which stated this. I had a breakdown. I've been using ice all along. Lately my knee and shin have been bothering me too so my first thought is omg I'm making it spread. And also, doctors in NH are stupid. You see I know all about RSD not from my doctors but from my RSD buddies and the RSDSA. I trust them as sources, although each case is different. I know what I need to. I know more than my doctors. And that's bad. My pediatrician doesn't really get it so that's been super frustrating lately. Especially when she is stressing counseling and telling me not to stop meds. and writing the note for school. She doesn't know what she's talking about and that's bad.


Well the good news is. Well, there are a number of good news today. One, ice doesn't necessarily make RSD spread, but it does worsen symptoms most often. I did notice it doesn't usually help, so I'm not going to ice anymore. As far as the meds. I'm not fighting against going to the doctors anymore I'm just going to go listen to them and then fight for my case. Also i'm calling a counselor which is really hard for me to admit. I've had bad experiences in the past, but nothing since RSD. I figure maybe they'll help with my anxiety/get me on some meds. for it. As far as the anxiety not RSD related. And they'll be a good place to go when I'm scared and terrified or frustrated dealing with RSD and the life changes. But still it's hard for me to make that call. In other good news. I'm getting a vintage homecoming dress!!! Wo0o0o0o it's gorgeous!!!


Well yea. So blanket statements. Not good when it comes to RSD. Or in judging others for that matter...which I do do with NH docs. But let's just say I haven't found a not dumb one yet.


Also I'd like to take this time to thank all my RSD buddies, BYDLS buddies and friends for dealing with me. Deeeseal I wish you luck in college!!! And will miss you so much. A. and C. you guys are great, fun times keep me feeling "normal". yay about the fourwheeler CT!!!!! And yay about shows A.!!! N. you try I know you do...and I also know you don't read this...but that's okay you're a guy I can't expect so much. But I do expect you (him) to read spoon theory. I expect it of all my friends. And counselor I will as well. Anyways. I miss Meems and Alissa I need to get in touch with them. I love NY, she's great. Ugh. People keep me sane even though I usually hate them and drama and am an incredibly independent person =]


blog y'all l8r ♥♥♥

2 comments:

Disa said...

Awww, Baaaaob!! I'm going to miss you too!! And I promise I'll read spoon theory atleast before my classes start. But I'm shooting for tomorrow night.

Noveling Neurotic said...

okie =]


The bus metaphor is what I live by and it could come in handy to anyone. All you have to do is remember you're the bus driver of this huge bus AKA your life. The bus is whatever you make it and the passengers behave how you make them. The ones you want off...can always be pushed back when they won't kindly leave.