BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Inspiration---From Myself

Pain Changes Things

RSD changed my life. I am truly a different person because of it. I met great people because of it. I have learned to be less ignorant and about the importance of being open minded. I've learned that no matter what you should fight for your beliefs. I will always do that. I believe that RSD doesn't have to be living hell. If people become more aware and keep fighting for a cure, the future for RSD patients doesn't look so grim
Most of the general population has never heard of RSD. Doctors too have often never heard of it so misdiagnosis is common. RSD is normally triggered by an injury; pain becomes disproportionate to the injury and doesn’t go away. This alone is a huge deal to someone diagnosed with it, but to be in pain and not know why or to have people not believe the pain is real makes it worse. Stress often worsens the pain of sufferers of this disease. This makes you feel like you’re not allowed to have feelings without “being punished” for them with torturous pain. The unawareness of others shouldn’t be further worsening this pain. That’s why I, just a fifteen year old girl, am determined. By taking the disease I have and making people more aware I will be apart of something much bigger than me. RSD awareness will change lives. Changing lives, I think it will be a pretty good feeling.


What I wrote in my previous post inspired me to write the above for my essay. I now need to choose which I would like to enter in the contest. The one I posted previously or this one. PLEASE COMMENT AND HEP ME DECIDE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

♥♥♥

0 comments:


The bus metaphor is what I live by and it could come in handy to anyone. All you have to do is remember you're the bus driver of this huge bus AKA your life. The bus is whatever you make it and the passengers behave how you make them. The ones you want off...can always be pushed back when they won't kindly leave.