Writing makes things alright. I love it. I am currently working on writing three books as well as tons of poetry all the time. I am also writing an essay I'd like to enter in a contest. This I'd like you all to see and give me some feedback on. I do NOT want feedback about the topic of the essay. The topic of the essay is supposed to be something that's important to you. The topic is important to me and I am not changing it. Also the essay was much much much longer nearly 1000 words but for the contest it has to be less than 250. As for the title they want an original title but I can't get a good one... help! Thanks! Blog again tonight but for now... read and comment upon this:
Pain Isn’t Holding Me Back: I Will Change the World
I’m a teenager, who has RSD. I have this disease and it’s the most awful feeling in the world being in pain and no one believing you. That’s why every state in the US and countries all over the world need to embrace RSD awareness. Doctors need to be educated about this not so uncommon syndrome (affects 200,000 to 1.2 million people in the US) and so does the public. This will stop the lack of knowledge of the public and doctors from causing people like me further pain.
Most of the general population has never heard of RSD. Doctors too have often never heard of it so misdiagnosis is common. RSD is normally triggered by an injury; pain becomes disproportionate to the injury and doesn’t go away. This alone is a huge deal to someone diagnosed with it, but to be in pain and not know why or to have people not believe the pain is real makes it worse. Stress often worsens the pain of sufferers of this disease. This makes you feel like you’re not allowed to have feelings without “being punished” for them with torturous pain. The unawareness of others shouldn’t be further worsening this pain. That’s why I, just a fifteen year old girl, am determined. By taking the disease I have and making people more aware I will be apart of something much bigger than me. RSD awareness will change lives. Changing lives, I think it will be a pretty good feeling.
♥♥♥
Emerging from the shadows....
16 years ago




1 comments:
I like. It'll be a wonderful feeling. Keep up the awesome writing and blogs!! I look forward to them :)
Post a Comment