BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Guten Morgen

that's right it's a good morning. I'm feeling better finally. I've been talking to A. a lot so that helps. She's so cheery =]

I've decided to start a quote of the day. The quotes may come from books, movies, people or even just inside my head. I think it will be fun! And or inspirational... today because I can't choose one or the other there are going to be 2 quotes. The first comes from my favorite movie ever Forest Gump.

"Mama always said life is like a box of chocolates. Never know whatcha' gunna' get."

The second comes from fellow RSDer Ashley.

"We have all had orange ribbons pinned to our dreams…but please do not let them stop you. Just let it be a little detour on the way to the top!"

Both these quotes are inspirational and things I live by. On the topic of both these quotes I'd like to discuss my goals, why I bother to keep fighting RSD. Why I stay involved and am determined to make a difference.
RSD changed my life. I am truly a different person because of it. I met great people because of it. I have learned to be less ignorant and about the importance of being open minded. I've learned that no matter what you should fight for your beliefs. I will always do that. I believe that RSD doesn't have to be living hell. If people become more aware and keep fighting for a cure, the future for RSD patients doesn't look so grim. I want to eventually work towards getting an RSD awareness bill in my state. (they exist in 5 already) It's just one step towards me changing lives. I want to change lives, thanks to RSD. So even though I complain about it and stress how terrible it is and that i'd never wish it on anyone, if you look on the brighter side, I'm better because of it.
Also on the topic of open mindedness I try to live that way and I recently had an encounter wit my Aunt that made me realize how good it is that I can be that way. We had a political argument, which I think was unnecessary. I don't like politics to begin with. But my argument was against her being closed minded. As far as politics goes, I'm an independent I guess. It depends on the person. It depends on what they believe and what I support. But I also don't tell people who have different beliefs they are wrong, or call the politicians who think different terrible. All politicians fight dirty when it comes to elections and that makes me not want to vote anyhow. But I believe in being accepting of everyone. That's my one strongest belief.
Also on the topic of abortion, which is a big deal. I'm pro-choice. Not that, that matters to any of you. But I came across a facebook group battling it out with tons of swearing and degrading about the issue and I was appalled. You believe what you believe and should always try to view the other side as a respectable opinion. That's my belief.


Wow that stuff was heavy. Sorry guys =p I can get pretty serious but I also try to just have fun when I can. Fun is so important in keeping me sane. I need a light attitude so that I don't put myself in further pain. So fun and friends deff help. One thing to try, finger and feet painting. For those of us with ultra sensitive RSD it may be tricky but I did it and it was a blast. Me and my buddy C. put tons of recyclables out on her patio and painted them with our feet and hands and bodies in general. It was really fun! =] C. and I have lots of crazy insane ideas. we were working on making a movie...right now it's not going anywhere and IDK if it will ever get done but it was a fun idea. We like fourwheeled out behind her house (in the woods) and were going to make a movie on "the monster in the woods." Our man plan was to make a fool of our guy friend D. but... all isn't going according to plan. The 4wheeler is dead and I don't think we'll be able to film with him again... so aww man. But it was fun. C. put on a monster costume and I tossed her this giant weapon in one scene. In another she decided we'd be doing facials and D. would call and bug us. Well we knew he wouldn't really call so we labeled ea. other as him in our cells. It was pretty funny. Also the fact that we couldn't move our faces because they were covered in hardened on green goop. FUN. Also we made facial scrub this time... strawberries, egg, almonds, baking powder, yogurt...yea it was gross. And she ate some. Needless to say it didn't taste very good. No kidding. RAW EGG AND BAKING POWDER. Oh my, we're a little crazy. We also play DDR a lot and guitar hero III. We just have fun fun fun fun. She's also in orchestra with me, and dorkchestra as it's called is a blast. D. is in orchestra too, A. used to be but she had to drop it =[ and so are these other crazy friends, EM., K-La, etc., etc. it's wild wild wild. :D


So ya my life is pretty different to say the least. But one thing I do do is eat. and I'm going to do that now... so tata.

Fav. food currently: blue corn tortilla chips (thanks A. you got me addicted!!!!)

blog y'all l8r ♥♥♥

0 comments:


The bus metaphor is what I live by and it could come in handy to anyone. All you have to do is remember you're the bus driver of this huge bus AKA your life. The bus is whatever you make it and the passengers behave how you make them. The ones you want off...can always be pushed back when they won't kindly leave.